Mental Health is Important
I stumbled across video of Gita Savitri about critical thinking. One of the ways to have the critical thinking is by writing and I agree about that. Sometime I couldn't explain clearly while speaking, but when it comes to writing, I can be more clear and structural. It also shaped the way I think to be more proper, more concise, and give my brain to think that I could not do that while speaking. So I began to write again, to pour my thought in words and letter.
So, as the title I would like to talk about mental health issue, although I am not an expert in this field nor a professional or practitioner, but as I indulge more in clinical psychology and read a lot about things related to them, as I also diagnosed by a professional in this field to have them. I think I already stable enough to the point I put a stop in therapy even though sometimes it relapses. Mindfulness and some exercise do help as a distraction when it happened.
However please note that people actually have mental problem, everyone generally without exception, especially adult. Everyone suffer in their own ways, the difference is whether they capable to handle it by themselves, or it already reached the point where they need a help from a professional or an expert, like self-harm occurs often, suicidal thought and avoiding everyone. Basically it disturbs their function in life. It gives hard time not only to the people with the illness but also to the people closest to them.
Anyway, nowadays there are a lot of korean drama that bring mental health as their main subject, such as It's Okay That Love with schizophrenia, Fix You with Borderline Personality Disorder, It's Okay to be Not Okay with Antisocial Personality Disorder, Kill Me Heal Me or Hyde, Jekill Me with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), or people usually recognized them by the name of Multiple Personality Disorder. There is a quote from Fix You that started by a question : Why most of the mental health problem is addressed by using term of disorder? It because they are not an illness, they just have disruption where they cannot function like normal people, so they fix them in order to lead a proper life like normal people. So they can handle their own issue by their own, until they stable enough to not rely on professional help or therapy anymore.
I have begin to think that people who actually seek the help from therapist, psychiatrist or psychology are the sane one, since they know there is something wrong with them and they seek help to avoid further problem, such as suicidal death. Because sometimes there are people that we know have a problem, like anger management issue, can't be alone (codependent issue) or narcissistic behavior that they feel they don't have any problem at all. They do not even feel guilty for hurting people and they only said sorry for their own benefit, in order to make you come back to them, not because they sincerely feel sorry.
In a book that I forgot the title, I read that the therapist said the one that come to them are not selfish people, since selfish people doesn't even bothered of hurting other. The people that come actually people that so considerate to others so they keep bottling their emotion and suppress them until it become an illness to body. Sometimes being selfish and put yourself as a priority is important so others do not step over your boundaries. It needed because people can manipulate you to favor them, to take an advantage of you, even though sometimes helping or to take an advantage of you is okay, but saying no in a while is needed.
I wrote a lot again without realizing, lol. Last sentence, everyone actually has mental health issue, if you have proper support system, then it's good but if you don't have, seeking help from professional is a good option, at least until you can become a good support system to yourself. Do not ever regard people with weak mental as the same as not having good relationship with God. There is no correlation from both of them. It's like having a flu or other disease and all people can catch them.
Komentar
Posting Komentar