Belajar dari hidup bersama international student

Halo semuanyaa, kali ini aku ingin berbagi cerita tentang para flatmate ku, teman satu flat ku di semester ini. Aku memutuskan untuk tidak tinggal dengan orang indonesia dan tinggal dengan anak internasional. Turns out, it teachs me a lot of things, especially tolerance. Anyway, I love living with them. 

Kami hampir seumuran, dua teman flatmateku ini dari Syiria, and turns out I'm the oldest, lol. Bayan lahir tahun 96, Sidra 95, dan aku 94. Waktu pertama Bayan tau, she said, "No way, I thought you are younger than me", and I ask, "what age do you think I am?", she said, "Maybe 22?" Oh how blessed asian people with their young face gen 😅

Through them I learn a lot about syria and their mindset also culture about women, that made me feel thankful I was born and raised in Indonesia. Sure, there are a few difference in treatment for women and men, but it not so big like other middle east countries. And especially the situation in Syria is harder because of the war. They live in Damascus and it is better there but still there are a war.

Since we also have the same religion, we talk also about our difference in religion practice. I'm a bit ignorant for this because I thought islam all over the world is the same, but turns out it is not. Like christian and catholic, with protestan, orthodoks, kotik, and all, Islam also has some kind in the world, sunni or syiah, Maliki or hambali, Hanafi or Syafii. Anyway, talking to other international students, listening to their stories is good, it's also increasing my knowledge. We should listen more instead of talking to get more understanding. Like we should read then write to preserve the meaning.

For me, this is one of the decisions that I'm not regretting at all, living with them has broaden my view, open up my mind also. Knowing that I'm so ignorant, now I learn a lot with hearing stories from the other sides of the world. This is nice. One of my experiences that I would definitely get in future

From them also I get the new insight about "Nikmat". A little bit story, one of them put their hijab a year after been here, another decides to take it off. Disini aku sadar kalau sesuatu yang mungkin kita pikir baik bisa jadi tidak baik, dimana seperti kedua teman flatku ini, dengan study nya ke luar negeri ini dia memutuskan mendekat kepada tuhan, dan satunya justru menjauh. I ask the two of them, temanku yang memutuskan memakai jilbab berkata kalau dia merasa sudah mendapatkan banyak hal dari tuhan, dia berdoa agar bisa kuliah di luar negeri dan dikabulkan sedangkan dirinya saja tidak mengindahkan perintahnya, she put the hijab for God, because God already gives her a lot. Sedangkan temanku yang memutuskan melepas, well she's got a Hungarian boyfriend, which is nice, really nice, because you know, living in a foreign country can be hard without any supports. Her boyfriend accept her with hijab also actually, but she didn't like how people see them when they were together in public so she decide to take it off, another reason is she forced to put a hijab since 10 years old because of her family's condition, and maybe for her it's like this time I want to rebel a little since I have been using it for more than 12 years in her life. No one's fault, it is her right, her choice, she makes the choice with fully understanding the choice, even though her father doesn't know yet. Anyway that is life and you gotta make the decision, and bear the consequences of it. Whatever it is, let choose the one that makes us closer to God.

Komentar

Postingan Populer