You are your biggest supporter
"Who is going to motivate ourselves if it is not our own selves?"
That question becomes a daily reminder if I ever tired of my life because you know life has its ups and downs.
You are a driver in life, not a passenger. you are the one that steers up your life. YES, YOU!
The choices are all yours, the consequences also, this life is all belong to yours only, as well as your grave. No one can help you, except yourself, not even your life partner.
If you cannot find a good reason to motivate you, find it within yourself. Find the reason, find the objective, find the purpose, why am I starting this? what for? and After you find it, keep it, hold it in your head, so when you're starting to lose the motivation, you know what to do to gain it again.
I will give you one example, Prayers or some people called it as Salah.
One day I felt really lazy to do the prayers, I even skipped it, and gathered it (which I shouldn't have done it), when I told one of my dear friends, my friend said to find the reason for doing Salah within myself, not only as the obligation but find the reason why I have to do it every single day, 5 times a day. For my friend, Salah has become her reminder for stopping doing something too much, "ngerem" in bahasa. So I begin to reflect it, I have to acknowledge that I eager to pray only when I have something that I want, which is not bad, because Allah loves if we are asking something to Him. But then I also realize when I'm doing something too much, like watching drama that up to 16 episodes or studying or doing work, Salah has become one of the activities that stop me for going extreme or all-out, Salah become one of my rest time and help me to refresh again, to continue doing whatever activities I'm currently in. Maybe if I just think the prayers are an obligation, I would be pressured to do so, but now after I find the reason for me, that I actually need it, It becomes one that I actually look forward. When I do something, I keep checking my watch to have my mind for a break, it takes only 10 minutes and only 5 times a day.
Another example, like my motivation to study abroad. Sometimes when I struggle, especially in the first semester, now it is better, Alhamdulillah. I questioned my reason to come here, I want to be a lecturer. Yes I know, studying in Indonesia is also possible to achieve the goal, but I want more, I want the experience, I want to see the world and its people, I want to be a better person by socializing with different people and cultures, I believe I can be a better person than before by that - and I do think that I'm now being more tolerant, more open-minded, and judge-less. People here are so nice and have so much respect for others. Even with me using a hijab, they do not differentiate me, maybe because university life is diverse already. I learn to be more punctual also, and people here also really supporting me, giving feedback and do not hesitate to help you if you need anything. Good people are always nice and kind in every part of the world.
Back to the topic, when I failed the test or interview for the scholarship, I did feel sad, but then I remember my motivation that I'm doing this for myself, not for anyone. It is good if you have someone to support you, like your friend or your family, but even if you do not have one, you actually already have the biggest supporter. Yourself, YES YOU!
We should all start to take responsibility for our own lives because we are our own heroines in our own life story. So even if you do not have someone to support your dream or goal, or even your very dear people, like your parents, do not support your decision, just continue and prove them that you are taking the best for yourself. Show them your effort, so even if you ended up failing, you show them that you already work hard. Give yourself the best affirmation, because the one who always with you and support you is yourself.
You should never wait for someone to believe in you, you actually must start believing in yourself first. If you have faith in yourself, and you work very hard, then success is definitely yours for the taking (Aida Azlin)
Anyway, find the motivation within you, believe yourself that you can. If yourself is not believing that you can, then who will? You are your biggest supporter, you are your best motivator. Keep striving~ see you in another post.
Komentar
Posting Komentar