Sunni or Syiah? Why should differentiate them if we are all Moslems?

Sejujurnya, sebelum pergi berangkat keluar negeri, I never even know the difference of these two branch(?) in Islam. I mean I know there are Islam Sunni and Syiah, but never even thinking that this kind of 'believing' is determining the lives of people in some countries.

So I have a nice conversation with my friend from Syria and Kazakhtan (this is why I prefer to talk with international student because they give me a lot of insight from a lot of things that happened around the world), we talk a lot about politics, democracy system in their respective countries, their countries's conflict and other Islamic countries conflict, such as Palestinian-Israel and Iran, a few of 'paham in Islam', like Sunni, Syiah, Ismail, and the Islamic organization, such as Wahabi, ISIS, Hizbut-Tahrir, and another name that sound Arabian that I could not recall. Also, American and Russian involvement in each other's countries problem, as well as Jewish that really welcome in Europe now. We talk a lot, It was really nice and enjoyable.

So back to Sunni and Syiah, once, My Kazkh's Friend named Dana asked me this question, Are you Sunni or Syiah? I never get this question before and actually kinda confuse to answer it because I didn't know the answer of that, I just know I'm Moslem and didn't know what Islam that I've practiced. Then I searched about it and figured it out Indonesian is mostly Sunni, so I probably Sunni. Anyway, it was not a problem in Indonesia whether you are Sunni or Syiah, but it was different in Syria. If you are Sunni, the government's army will kill you, or you can't out from Syria,  they only allow Syiah now in the countries. Before, the practice is different according the region, majority can practice Sunni, and other can practice Syiah or Ismail (other kinds of 'paham' in Islam, but not as popular as Sunni and Syiah). Things are better know, but before they only allowed Syiah practitioner to live. How terrible that even if you are in the same religion, but because of the politic you have to be killed if you believe different kind of Islam. The things even become more complicated because the superpower country (USA) stick in their business. 

The same things also happened with Iran, Iran is mostly Syiah, while ISIS is Sunni - and they fight with each other, ISIS, believing for their kind of Islam perspective and stating that their goal for their religion when in fact they only want power in politics within the countries. The same things also happened for Wahabi and Kazakhtan, though is not as large as ISIS base. For me, HTI, Hizbut-Tahrir also the same, they want 'Khalifah' things but believe me they also want power in ruling the country. Maybe it was the best in Rasulullah's era but now we live in a totally different era, we need to change our mindset and adapt to this era, not always going back with the example of Rasulullah's era. You know in my very honest opinion, nowadays people are doing a barter between politic with religions and all the issue and conflict that happened in the Islamic country also related to those. Why we become so easily attached with the religion issue? Why we are so agitated when we facing this kind of issue? Even nowadays people are making the religion for business, attracting people with sharia things when in fact it's not sharia. One of my friends also told me how one of the churches in her city is making money with 'kind of forcing' someone to buy their candle for praying, saying that if they didn't buy, the prayer won't reach to the God, God won't answer their prayer. Is religion only for rich people then?

In the end, our conversation is ended with a great remark, all the religion is teaching us to be good and kind, not to kill people, whatever the religion is, Islam, Christian, Catholic, all of them. Also whatever 'mazhab' or 'paham' we follow, we are still part of Islam and Islam doesn't teach us, Moslems, to do bad things and kill people. Islam loves peace and we are Moslems, so let's us show the world how the true Moslems behave.

Komentar

Postingan Populer